Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sufficient Grace

"But he said to me,'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me...For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Co. 12:9-10

When a situation breathes life into Scripture it builds our testimony and faith. Boasting about how we received life from verses is a cornerstone for deepening our faith and pulling from past faith in future weaknesses. It is the proof that God's words are still active, tried and true. When we face the worst situations in our lives which intersect with God's promise it is at that moment that we experience and bind ourselves to Him for victory.

Recently our family experienced deep earthly pain in our sister's journey to Heaven but have all experienced the sufficient grace that has been made ours. God, through His unique healing has ministered to each of us according to our own need for personal healing. He is a unique God for unique pain. While reading my grandmother's book I thought I would share an exerpt from her chapter on Bereavement three weeks after she lost my grandfather.

"I praise God for I am standing on holy ground completely overwhelmed at what God is doing for me in this period of bereavement. Humanly speaking, I should be devastated by Dewey's passing, for I believe no two people could have been closer than we were. However, I am at peace and there is absolutely no way to account for what is NOT HAPPENING in my heart except that it is by the grace of God. All of my life I have heard of the grace of God but only now have I begun to realize its mighty power. In spiritual reality we are not separated for we are both in the Body of Christ, he in the heavenly section and I in the earthly. My human spirit is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and His comfort rules my soul."

Our family is experiencing her February 20, 1992 entry. This comfort, mercy and grace is affored to everyone in whatever situation takes your focus and peace.

Sufficient grace is there without exemption if you believe this verse is as unique to you as God is unique to all!

No comments: