Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Thirsty!

"The woman said to him, 'Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.'" John 4:15

Leading up to our sister's death we all prayed for preparedness, acceptance and comfort as we faced her homegoing. We knew the prayers to pray regarding his mercy and grace that would be required to get through the situation. We had to intellectually accept that his grace would be sufficient if the earthly miracle did not occur. Our faith in the belief that His mercy, grace and comfort would be the water that would quench our thirst is what kept us grounded.

The day her spirit left her worn and broken body was the day that theory became reality. Our family cried to our Father, 'Sir, give me this water so I won't get thirsty..." and did He ever provide. We have been blessed with the living water that keeps our thirst quenched. We no longer have to ask for the drink for it is the continued flow from the Holy Spirit which wets, satisfies and quenches our dry mouths.

We simply have to say the same words this woman at the well spoke thousands of years ago. Sir, give me this water...

No comments: