Monday, December 19, 2011

Crystal Clear...

“Then the angel showed me the river of life, clear as crystal…” Rev. 22:1

A couple of nights ago I was visited by one of heaven’s residents, my dad. I know that it is not biblical that our loved ones become angels upon entry into heaven. However, I do consider that while my dad was on earth he was one of my earthly angels, as he and my mother raised and ministered to me in the principles of Christ.

In our visit my dad was telling me the importance of setting my sights on the spiritual things instead of the earthly things. He encouraged me in the message that whatever I experience on earth is worth the suffering when I receive the rewards of heaven. We were somewhere in between earth and heaven as we moved together and talked. I didn’t really notice anything around us in the realm for which we traveled but my dad noticed that the body of water below us was crystal clear. He was in awe of how deep the water was since it was transparent to him. God keeps revealing different revelations to me in connection with my dream.

This morning I was so enamored with God’s message I just had to share it with you. In remembering that the water was crystal clear to Daddy I started remembering different verses that spoke of transparency. In Ex. 24:10 it is written ‘Under his feet was something like a pavement of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.’ In Rev. 21:21 it is written, ‘The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.’ I began thinking about my dad seeing the same body of water as I but his spiritual perception was different than mine. Then the revelation came and what a blessing is was!

Every thing in this world was created by God and sits under His authority with the ability to be prisms. The world clouds and smudges our spiritual ability to reflect God and every facet of His character in our lives. The closer we move to the throne of God the cleaner our prisms become. Through the Holy Spirit our lives are polished and made transparent so that each facet is colored with the individual ‘Christ color.’ These colors do not distort or change the prism but enhance the transparency and its beauty.

To walk with God on these transparent streets we must become transparent ourselves. I get the feeling that heaven is full of crystal clear and transparent surroundings so that God’s glory will not be obstructed by anything. Every beam of light from Him will have a landing spot and will illuminate so brilliantly that there will be no need for light. ‘They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.’ Rev. 22:5.

No comments: