Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Our Spiritual Tip-Toes

‘LORD…are you not the God who is in heaven…did you not drive out…will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.’ ‘This is what the LORD says to you: Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s…stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you…’” 2 Ch 20:6, 15, 17

When I was a little girl there were a few times as problems arose that I watched my parents work through them. I would hear their discussions and could sense their concern. I remember that very few times I felt anxious about whatever was going on. I had confidence that whatever they were facing would be resolved just like other times I saw their concern. Not once was I afraid of any situation because they had shown us their faithfulness to protect, their patience to resolve and their dependence on God to act on their behalf. Our family faced several ‘vast armies’ over the course of time and not once did God fail to deliver us. My parents might not have had all the answers to life’s questions, but they always sought the One who did.

Vast armies…ambushes…fear...exhaustion. We all have been there and some of you might be there this morning. Just as God has taken care of other armies throughout our lives, He will fight this one on your behalf. We can watch for His movement and count on His victories! The same God, who is in heaven, is also walking next to you and has already gone before you. He has orchestrated the details of your battle that will bring you out of this season triumphantly. God will do all the heavy lifting in the fight and our part is to keep our eyes on Him. We will watch Him drive out cancer…loneliness…fear…grief. When we do not know what to do, we will watch what He does. We will stand on our spiritual tiptoes (as my grandmother used to say) to see His mighty deliverance of our conflicts. We will believe…we will watch …we will be a witness to the miracles that He still performs.

No comments: