Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meant to Perform

“All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.” 1 Cor. 12:11.

When I was a little girl my mom and dad paid for me to take piano lessons for five years. I am not sure whether they saw talent or were hoping for talent! Either way, I went to my piano lessons, played in recitals and occasionally Becki and I would play a song at church during the Christmas season. At the end of five years I finally convinced my parents to allow me to quit. I had no interest in continuing only to be matched with no talent.

Fast forward 40 years and here I am writing by the leadership of the Holy Spirit. I have neither been a writer nor ever had any desire to become one. It was a gift that God determined He would reveal to me and perform through me. Each one of us has a God- ordained and God-given gift that He uses to both teach us dependency on Him and to bring Him glory.

The Body of Christ is made up of all of these talents and gifts to form a complete manifestation of Himself and what can be accomplished through these gifts. We must position ourselves to discern our part in working in the Family. In an earthly family, there is always discord when one member fails to do his part. The burden must spread among the remaining family members as they must compensate for his laziness. God specifically formed each of us for a specific purpose which He equipped us to be able to accomplish.

Every person born into the world came with a gift that will be revealed through pursuing God. It may be something you would never have dreamed of being called to pursue but through trusting God He has already given you the talents you need. He will provide opportunities to sharpen our talents and grow our gifts if we remain postured to perform.

Through developing our talents for which God has entrusted us, we will be able to accomplish great things for His name. Don't hide your talent but position yourself to receive your perfect gift from our perfect God. You were meant to perform!

No comments: