Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blessed Are The Peacemakers

“Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.” Matthew 5:9

When I was growing up I would baby-sit for a family whom had adopted a little boy. I do not remember his story before the adoption but I was witness to all that he inherited as a result of this adoption. Many blessings and much security came into his life from the desire and love of his adoptive parents.

We have a Father who wishes to lavish everything He has on each of us. He has promised to take the worries and our fears and turn them into comfort and peace. He wishes for each child to have faith in His wisdom and promises, and trust that He is working everything together for our good. Everything passes through the filter of God so He is prepared to handle the fallout in any situation. There is not one set of circumstances wherein peace cannot be found if we are searching in the right place. ‘Now may the LORD of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.’ 2 Thess. 3:16.

Through receiving His peace we are positioned to dispense peace to others. We cannot impart what we do not possess. ‘God-peace stands out.’ Living Your Life As a Beautiful Offering, p. 50.

Yesterday, I awoke in the same set of circumstances in which I have awakened over the past eleven months. The only difference is that God set up a sequence of events that reminded me of my previous life of calm and order. It was an entire day of amazing peace…transcending peace…hopeful peace. Wednesday’s peace was a gentle reminder of good things from my past and a hope for good things in my future. It was a peaceful day that clothed me like a warm blanket, sipping on the warmth all day long.

When we take our position in the divine family we inherit His peace which we can pass along to others. Blessed are the peacemakers…as we share our inheritance.

No comments: