Saturday, January 22, 2011

By Him We Cry...

“During that long period…they groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groanings and he remembered his covenant…So God looked on…and was concerned about them. The LORD said, ‘I have indeed seen the misery of my people... I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from…and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing of milk and honey.’” Exodus 3:7-8, 23-25.

Separated by thousands of years but connected by suffering. Thursday evening I sat up in my loft crying out to my God. I miss my daddy, I was totally depleted of strength, patience and endurance. I had nothing more to give in caregiving, but have so far to go in this land of Alzheimer’s. The disease is my slave driver and I needed a reprieve. Through tears and words of desperation my groanings were heard by God. My prayers moved His heart and He remembered His covenant with me – ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’ Jos. 1:5. God put it in writing in the most wonderful book every written – The Holy Bible.

Anytime the Bible states ‘God remembered,’ it was always followed up with an action. I lived out this scene over the past few days. After my groanings, Heaven burst open yesterday and the LORD came down…my father-in-law was accepted into Hospice Home Health. I will have nurses and a doctor anytime with many resources just a phone call away. God has moved me from one land into the other, the land where my resources flow in abundance and I will receive as much support as I have had to give. It is a land God has given me breathing new life and strength into the final walk of this journey. ‘My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.’ Psalm 73:26.

We will experience misery and suffering in this place called life, but God will move heaven and earth for His children. He will never forget His many covenants with us and His heart will always be moved and grieved by our suffering. Don’t be ashamed to cry out to Father when your heart and strength fail. ‘For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again…but you received the Spirit of son-ship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’” Romans 8:16.

No comments: