Tuesday, April 19, 2011

All These Things...

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

This is one of my favorite verses but this morning it swells with new revelation. Seven Keys to Hearing God’s Voice by Craig Von Buseck is a wonderful study on recognizing the guidance of God in our lives. This topic is one of the most talked about concerns from Christians – ‘How do I know I am hearing the voice of God?’

My study supports the idea that God has two types of wills for our lives – a general will which is clearly stated in Scripture and a specific will targeted to our individual lives. Through the continually process of studying the Bible we become crystal clear regarding God’s commandments and requirements of living a righteous life. He doesn’t mince words regarding the rules of His kingdom and how to live holy. We seek the answer of His ways and we find His blueprint. The more we know Him the easier it will be to know the individual will He has purposed for us.

Five years ago, I intentionally began digging into the Bible, using instructional studies to help me gain more clarity. I began widening my prayer life to include a greater awareness of who He was and could be in my life. The more I came to know Him in general ways the more clearly I could see the individual ways He was calling me to grow. There were many things missing in my life regarding my Christian walk. Since I have come to know Him in more general ways, He has ‘added unto me’ amazing guidance and divine awareness of His presence. His general will has become a foundation for which to build His specific will for my life.

To know His will generally is to find His will specifically.

No comments: