Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ministers In Wait

We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” Hebrews 6:12

This verse is one of the cornerstones of how I align my faith, God’s will and my obedience. I have been fortunate enough to have several members of my family who have exemplified the walk of a Christian that so closely matched the walk of Christ. Although Christ was the only perfect man who walked the earth, my family members had/have the desire to walk righteously in His footsteps.

Their faith and patience in what had been revealed to them by God was their anchor. They displayed a passion in knowing God’s will and an immovable faith in waiting for it to happen. These are the attributes for which I desire most in my own Christian life. This morning my Bible Study stated: “If God appoints, He anoints. If God calls, He equips. And what God orders, He pays for. We can trust that if God calls us to do something difficult on behalf of His kingdom, our loving Father will supply us with all we need to accomplish His will in our lives – if we are humbly following Him.” Seven Keys, p. 212.

An inheritance by definition is something to be considered for the future – not the present. Many times throughout the Bible, God’s chosen ones did not receive the promises of God until decades had passed, if they were alive to see them at all. Their ability to receive what had been revealed did not play a part in their obedience. They understood that the revelation was for the good and purposes of the Kingdom – not necessarily the world.

God will be faithful in showing us His will, His ways and His timing. We must wait upon the LORD and not run ahead of Him. I have been given glimpses of a ministry which He has slowly unfolded over the past 3 years. I now know that God had to work on me for me to be effective in this women’s ministry. God knew where He wanted to take this ministry and needed to develop my character to prepare me for this ministry. ‘God’s primary intent in the life of the believer is to call leaders and to test every area of their lives in preparation for ministry.’ Seven Keys, p. 206.

Every believer is a minister in training. Look for your calling!

No comments: