Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Take the Dare

Yet, I still dare to hope when I remember this:  The faithful love of the LORD never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness…The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!  The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search him.  So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD…For no one is abandoned by the LORD.” Lamentations 3:21-33.

When I was growing up I was in a group of girls who made up different flavors for sure, and I am still enjoying them to this day.  One of the things that drew me in was the excitement of watching them do things that required boldness.  Boldness can certainly cut both ways I discovered it is a blessing and a curse sometimes.  On several occasions, they dared me to do certain things.  One dare was as innocent as eating something they concocted in the kitchen, while another dare was to swipe a little stuffed animal from a store.  Thankfully, we have all grown up and none of us ended up in jail.  We love the Lord and minister to each other in the Lord.  As I began considering dares I realize that each and every day God dares us to do something.  Sometimes it to forgive someone who needs forgiveness.  Sometimes He dares us to trust in Him when we are scared.  I was thinking about the different dares that we are invited to take from either the world or God.  Most of the time these dares will be in drastic conflict of each other.   So today…I dare you to:

To be courageous in something you fear.
To laugh when there is no reason to laugh.
To forgive when you don’t feel like forgiving.
To choose hope and starve your despair.
To believe when you see no proof.
To replace your pessimism with beautiful optimism.
To invest in the journey instead of fixating on the outcome.
To trample on your fears before they trample on you.
To be confident in God’s ability instead of the doctors’ prognosis.
To pray even though other prayers remain unanswered.

There are dares every day that we can take which unleash the faithfulness and power of God.  When we accept the invitation to dare we live on a spiritual realm that lifts us above all of our circumstances, and plants our feet firmly in Christ.  Taking dares will allow us to claim our inheritance that God has set aside for those who trust.

Only you know your dare…so today I dare you to choose life over death....blessings over curses.

No comments: