Friday, March 10, 2017

Wet Cement

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal” Albert Pine.

I read this quote this morning and it reminded me of something I saw yesterday as I was walking. I looked down and in the cement, I saw a leaf forever imprinted into the concrete. I immediately began considering the impact we have the opportunity to make while on this earth. As long as the alarm goes off, and our eyes are open to face the day ...the cement is still wet.

What we do in this life impacts people who come along behind us. I know that I am the recipient of a tenacious prayer warrior before I ever took a breath. My grandmother, along with my parents prayed life and legacy into my existence. In addition to her concern for her own family, she served others every day that she lived. She knew that walking like Jesus meant to see the needs of the hungry…the weak… the sick…the unsaved. Most likely, we have all been positively impacted by someone, and prayerfully we are impacting others. God doesn’t call us to be isolated in service within our family. He expects us to look outside of our own interests and make a lasting impression in His kingdom. 

Every day we have opportunities to place our mark in the world with spiritual significance. When we focus on worldly significance that distracts us from holiness, no lasting impression will be left. Only God knows when the cement is going to dry. May our lives leave an impression that is as beautifully and intricately displayed as in this leaf.
No automatic alt text available.

No comments: