Friday, April 7, 2017

Against All Hope - Hope

Therefore, the promise comes by faith…Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… just as it had been said to him…Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was good as dead…Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what his had promised.” Romans 4:16, 18-21.

God made it crystal clear that He would bless Abraham and Sarah with a child. At that time, they were well in their 90’s. Time continued to march on with no baby bump for Sarah and no testimony to tell…yet. How many prayers did Abraham lift regarding the promises of God? How many days did he examine Sarah’s tummy to see if anything had changed? Things didn’t look like they were going to materialize…nothing at all seemed to be happening…'against all hope…but, Abraham in hope believed without weakening.' Then like a bolt straight from heaven the test results were positive, the rabbit died and God reigned!
Without weakening’ – those words just bless me this morning so much. Without weakening means looking out over the landscape of our lives and believing more than what we see. Without weakening means continuing to ask for a miracle when the doctors say the opposite. Without weakening means without wavering and confidently proclaiming that God hasn’t changed…He is still on His throne…and He still performs miracles. We all have determined what our miracle may look like, but I have learned that miracles come in bundles of comfort. I received a miracle when God gave me a prophesy through a dying woman. I received a miracle every day that God kept my daughter alive while on the streets. I received a miracle when I felt joy and peace after my dad and sister died. I receive a daily miracle as I am encouraged and hopeful waiting on other precious things to happen in my life.

Without weakening is a gift of grace through faith in Christ and it is not anchored in an outcome. Our strengthening comes from believing God is who He says He is and He has the power to do what He says He will do. So be fully persuaded and strengthened in the Lord, giving Him glory in advance and watch what great things He can do.

No comments: