Friday, August 18, 2017

Feels Like

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge...For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:4, 11.

I don’t remember an August where the humidity has been so high as this year. I try to walk 5 miles each day in the morning before the day gets at its most uncomfortable. Yesterday as I walked my weather app reported that while the temperature was 87, the ‘FeelsLike’ was actually 101. With every step, it felt 101, and with every breath I certainly believed 101 was my reality…but it wasn’t…my reality was that the real temperature was 87. Once I allowed my mind to convince myself that it was 101 my walk was much tougher.

How many times in life do we experience our circumstances with FeelsLike responses? For me, when my dad died it ‘felt like’ I would never feel joy again…but I did. For me, when my child became dependent on drugs I ‘felt like’ she wouldn’t live through it…but she did. When I look at my present situation I ‘feel like’ there will never be work again…but I know God has a plan for our provision. For you, it may be that your ‘Feels Like’ is that you will never find a partner…you will. For another, you may ‘feel like’ your circumstances will never change…they will. There are some promised unanswered prayers that to me ‘feel like’ will NEVER be answered…but they will because God said so.

God is reality and He knows what is up ahead. He sees us walking out our lives, responding and reacting to our ‘Feels Like’ temperature in our circumstances. If we act like it is 101 then our body will respond as if it is. We will feel like the temperature of our situation is suffocating us…overwhelming us…keeping us off balance. But if we believe God for all that He promises and focus on His faithfulness we can our liveswith more ease and comfort…one breath of 87 degrees at a time.

No comments: