Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Our Golden Ring

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all peoples on earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.” Rev 1:7

Well I must say that yesterday’s eclipse exceeded all of my expectations. No doubt I will never see the likes of that again. Just the realization that so many eyes across our country were keenly focused on the sky...waiting and searching…squinting to make out the first image of the moon. A few times I had my sight on the sun but the clouds rolled in making the sun disappear. But the childlike excitement that I had as the moon marched slowly across the sun’s face is simple unexplainable. And then, as if that wasn’t enough, we were left with a gorgeous bright diamond ring image. Bruce was so amazed by my reaction of the ring he even said, ‘You know you can’t keep that diamond ring, right?’

Well I am here to say that we all have an ever-increasing Glory who is permanently ours, and someday we will close our eyes to this world. We will awaken to the glorious reality of Heaven, and as we look upon our new home we will see the Son without glasses. There will be no clouds that move in to blur our view. Our experience will be eternal instead of a few seconds according to where we are. We will have daily fellowship aligned perfectly with God and Christ.

But until that day when my life aligns with God’s ordained days for me, I can still view the Trinity on earth. I can see God in my adversity even on the darkest day. I can try to exemplify Christ by being kind, peaceful and encouraging to others. I can have discernment and wisdom as the Spirit lives within every believer. We can have a daily eclipse if we live our lives sharply focused on the things above, spiritual things. May each of us focus today as we did yesterday to see that beautiful golden ring called the Trinity.

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand.” Col 3:1.

No comments: