Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Who Are We?


But Moses asked God, ‘Who am I that I should go…and that I should bring…” Exodus 3:11.

This exchange occurred while Moses was in the wilderness doing his job of shepherding. Who knows if he felt satisfaction and contentment in his life. We are not told, but we are told that he paid attention to what God was asking of him. No doubt, the call seemed daunting and the job seemed impossible. Since God loves all people all of us will find ourselves in the desert questioning our own abilities. I have asked this same question in so many seasons of my own life. Who was I who had to be a single mom for a period of time? Who was I who was called to endure 8 years of a child’s drug use? Who was I to care for loved ones with terminal illnesses? Who was I who facilitated griefshare when I had not even had time to grieve? Who was I who had to take a stand for Jesus in trembling fear? Who am I and who are you?

We are the ones who will conquer these fears as God equips us in the wilderness. We are the ones who will allow God’s strength to pick up where our strength ends. We are the ones who will run with endurance as God protects and builds us up. We are the ones who will testify to new pregnancies, new marriages, new jobs, new wholeness and new health. We are the ones who will birth new ministries out of past suffering. We are the ones who are strongest in the Spirit when we are weakest in the flesh. We are the ones who will lay down addictions, pick up courage in new callings, believe in promises and take God as His word in every promise. We are the people and representatives of God, and He is our deliverer and hope.

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37.

No comments: