Thursday, August 24, 2017

Worth It All

Did God really say…?” Genesis 3:1b

These deceitful words have been whispered in every heart since the beginning of time. Not one human has ever lived a life separated from this lie from Satan. He knows these 4 words have worked on every person from Eden to now. It worked then and it still works. Satan knows that he has his work cut out for him to make us question God’s existence. But to make us question God’s goodness and character seems to resonate in the heart of mankind. ‘That is what sin does: it lies. It promises to be shiny and colorful and inflated with excitement forever. It promises to be worth it. Sin tells us that God wants to keep the good stuff from us, that what we want matters more than what He has for us… Daily, hourly, even moment-to-moment, we believe the lie that God’s law is holding us back, that we know better.’ She Reads Truth Bible, p. 11.

Those words…it promises to be worth it. As I glance backwards in my own life I ask myself, 'What didn’t hold up to the promise of being worth it? What things did I twist to fit my own agenda, saying God really didn't say that? Did God really say that I must forgive her? Did God really say that I must tell my husband everything I purchased? Did God really say that I am valuable and His daughter when I felt so unworthy? Did God really say He would never leave me? Did He really say He would forgive me for that season?

I am so thankful for redemption…for forgiveness…for restoration. I want to tell you this morning that God’s promises are worth it! Going through my daughter’s drug season was worth finding out that God’s faithfulness is true. It was worth coming clean about my spending when God told me to. I now have deeper intimacy with my husband. It was worth standing up for Jesus against most others’ opinion. He delivered me from a life of empty pursuit of the approval of others. I promise it will be worth it! Whatever He says to you and whatever He brings to you…it will be worth it! It will be worth saying no to that drug or drink while battling addiction. It will be worth it to forgive that person and show grace instead of bitterness. It will be worth it to accept what God has allow into our lives. It will all be worth it if we truly trust Him for His love and character.

No comments: