Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Ambushed by Hope


You do not have to fight this battle.  Position yourselves, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD.  He is with you…Do not be afraid or discouraged.” 2 Ch 20:17

This morning was a day just like any other day.  I awoke, grabbed my coffee, plugged in my Airpods and began listening to my Christian music through Pandora.  This normally gets me positioned in a spirit of worship before my prayers and Bible study.  This morning followed the routine until I got to a part in my Bible study which led me to the above verse.  I knew it sounded familiar but as I turned the pages it was as if I had turned down a road that led to a cemetery.  This was the verse that God continued to take me to a few years ago when I was waiting for a promise to be fulfilled.  It was a time when there was no doubt in my mind that I was about to receive a decade old promise.  I had staked my life on it…I had based my faith on it…I had claimed the completion of it.  But tears came in place of celebration and a headstone was erected in my heart instead of a testimony on my lips.  I have a new Bible, and this page is eerily void of marks and highlights on this verse.  When I discovered to which verse God was taking me I closed my eyes, began to cry and relived it over again.  I was struck by the grief of an unfulfilled dream.  But then something amazing happened…I was ambushed by hope!

I wonder if this has ever happened to you?  Have you prayed so hard and so long for something that you truly feel is God’s will?  Have you claimed verses, sang those songs of delivery just waiting to see the salvation of the Lord?  This verse again entreats me to continue to position myself…to continue to be still…to continue being courageous to believe and encouraged to receive.  He is with us in our hurts and our hopes.  He breathes life into heart places where we have laid our dreams to rest.  He resurrects the things He has promised us to remind us of His faithfulness.  He does all the heavy lifting, so we can just rest in Him, believe in His promises and praise Him for His faithfulness. 

Be careful out there today…you just might get ambushed by hope!

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” Romans 5:5



No comments: