Friday, February 16, 2018

Writing in Pajamas

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.” 1 Peter 5:6

I don’t know if I am more amused or embarrassed about what I am getting ready to share. This morning I was continuing my study on Ruth and noticed that our above verse was the ‘Quit Quitting’ verse for the day. The author wrote that she began writing little blogs as a volunteer for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Before I could even stop myself, I thought well I could do that! I could send in writings as a volunteer. Not even 30 seconds passed when God gave me a verse which humbled me…dismounted me from the tall horse on which I climbed up. The verse was swift and surely from God. ‘Listen, my daughter. Don’t go and gather grain in another field, and don’t leave this one, but stay here close…’ Ruth 2:8. I immediately felt humbled and amused, because here I sit with last night’s make-up on, hair strewn all over my head, and jammies that probably should have been retired a while back. Yes, that is what Proverbs 31 Ministries needs. No, I will just stay in my own field until God calls me to the activity in the field where He has assigned my service. In due time, He will show me the plans He has for me…not the plans for author Nicki Koziarz…but little Brenda Emmons.

God’s mighty hand is also lifting you up in some area of service. He has been preparing you for great things in an area of your life to bless you. The fastest way to miss the blessings in God’s field is to jump over into the field of another’s calling. God has called every one of His children to do great things through His spirit. He has beautiful offerings for us around every corner if we will stay in our own field. Many times, our ‘due time’ is longer than we wish to wait, and more work that we ever imagined in getting there. There is heart work… there is head work, but mostly there is beautiful fellowship along the way with the One who wants to lift us up. We must all keep our eyes on our own field, so that one day the mighty hand of God will reveal the most amazing yield we could ever imagine.

Humbly yours,

“He who plants and he who waters are one in purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field…” 1 Co 3:9


No comments: