Monday, October 8, 2018

Judge My Case!

My soul still remembers and sinks within me. This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness…It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD…O LORD, you have seen how I have been wronged: Judge my case.” Lamentations 3:20-59.

I don’t know about you but there was a season a while back that produced such suffering and pain that I try to avoid revisiting the circumstances. It was a time when the only thing that would bring comfort to the pain was God Himself. I felt consumed by the grief of the situation and lacked control in any of the details. This passage could have been me and it might be you. I love this entire chapter of Lamentations because it reminds me that since it made it into the canon of Scripture that God fully understands how easy it is to focus on pain. The Book of Lamentations is a collection of ordinary people who have been done wrong…betrayed…abandoned. It is a blueprint for how to transform a bitter or consumed mind into a better and consecrated position in God. What is the secret to this transformation? Taking our hurtful remembrance captive and replacing it with the beautiful reminders of God’s character and promises.

For the parents whose child has turned away…remember God’s faithfulness to comfort you in fresh ways every morning. To the woman who has been betrayed…recall that God will judge your case and fight for your honor. To the lonely person…remind your heart that God has a compassionate plan for your life. For the grieving heart…believe there still goodness and joy up ahead as we wait upon the Lord for His healing. It is clear, that hope emerges when consuming fear and bitterness subside. God is the only answer to all our challenges, and He will not be careless with our hearts or our lives. In our wait, we will recall all of His triumphs on our behalf.

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.” Lamentations 3:25

No comments: