Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fleeting Emotions

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his wondrous light." 1 Peter 2:9

This is one of my dad's favorite verses in the Bible and as of this morning it is essential for me. This ride my family is on called life right now is one of varied emotions. It is a time in the life of our family where the focus and emotions are constantly being challenged for our attention. It is easy to become single focused when something such as this hits.

I remember when my husband and I had a single focus when our daughter was on drugs. I am under no illusion that our attention and focus was absorbed in the life of our daughter. Looking back I am sure that our other children felt a lonlieness and a sense of invisible existence. It is easy for our emotions to take over when we are tired, weary and fearful of the future.

When our emotions rear their ugly head thankfully God has stated who we are in Him to assure us that He has ordained who we are apart from our emotions. Based on this verse we must believe Him when our emotions are not in check.

God elected to love us
We are worthy of His love
We are important to the Body of Christ
No one can remove us from His love
We will believe and praise Him apart from our emotions
We will choose to leave the darkness of our emotions
His Light will show us love, joy, peace, importance, and wholeness.

Stay focused on the way He sees us and not the way we "feel".

1 comment:

Don said...

Thanks be to God, I am back to the land of the living again.

Will see you Wednesday.