Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Heart for God

"Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent." 2 Samuel 7:2

Have you ever loved someone so much you look for ways to honor, respect and love them? That is how I feel about Christ. Sometimes I feel such a burden that I am not doing enough to show the Ruler of my life. I become bogged down in thought like David who was discontent that he was living in a manner better than the ark of the covenant. He felt that he should build a temple to "house God" but God showed Him through the prophet Nathan that God did not require David to complete this task.

God had another plan for the temple down the road for David's descendent, Solomon. As pure as David's motive was is was not the will of God. Our good motives are not enough to guide us through life. Our motives must be aligned with God's will before we can move ahead. I find myself experiencing impatience in doing God's work and trying to find ways to "build the temple". God has plans for my service but only through submitting to His will and timing will I be successful in my ministries. Even the ministry of man must be under the authority of God to fulfil what God ordains.

Father, help me to remember that to enter into your presence I must first exit from my will. Help me be patient in the ministry and only "build temples" where you have first ordained. Amen.

1 comment:

Don said...

Honey, thanks for your kind thoughts and words on CaringBridge this morning. Both mom and I can feel your prayers and love each day.

We treasure so much our time we spend with you.

Love Always,

Mom & Dad