Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here I Am!

"You will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'" Isaiah 58:9

When my daughter, Caroline was a child as soon as she entered the front door she would start yelling, "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" She wouldn't even give me a chance to answer "Here I am" before she was calling to me again. Her number one priority once she got home from anywhere was to search me out, "touch home base" which brought her great comfort.

I believe Caroline had the right idea when she was a child spiritually speaking. As soon as our feet hit the floor each morning and throughout the day we should start calling, "Lord? Father? Redeemer?" and just like I was for Caroline our Father will always be there waiting for a pause in our words for Him to answer,

Father, give us that passion for your presence as we continuously call out to You. Amen.

3 comments:

Don said...

Just so you know, not much naueous today so far. I have stopped taking pain medicine to see what effects the radiation treatments have.

Don said...

Our Heavenly Father, please let Beth's operation go well tomorrow and Father, I come expectantly with a request that the cancer be completely removed.

In the precious name of Jesus, I offer this petition up to you.

Don said...

Thank you Jesus for this day to begin the physcial aspect of the healing promised to Beth Ann. We come reverantly and expectantly that you will provide the protection and watch care for Beth as she undergoes the operation.