Saturday, September 13, 2008

Knowledge Too Lofty!

“You hem me in –behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.” Psalm 139:5-6.

This week I experienced the weirdest thing in my emotions. Thankfully God had given me and my entire family the same verses in preparation for the news. 5 months ago my sister wasn't given but one treatment option for her cancer. Nothing else was available due to the advancement/reality of her cancer. After five months of chemo it seems as if not much had changed. I was given two verses to give to my dad/mom regarding his cancer and then was led to give it to my sister later the next week. Over the next few days these verses were batted back and forth among family members for different reasons on different days. These were His words: “Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, ‘Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.’” Isaiah 35:3-4.

I know that God knew my heart would be fearful regarding this liver surgery and I would be questioning the randomness of this treatment. I responded initially with shock and fear and it took until later that evening to really trust Him for this apart from my feelings. He had paved the way behind the news and ahead of the news with these verses to confirm this treatment was from Him. This is the importance of developing an eye for Him, an ear for Him and a Spirit for Him. Through His words He certainly gives us revelations, confirmations and a "knowledge too lofty" for us to comprehend without His guidance.

Father, I approach you this morning with gratitude for the divine retribution You are bringing Beth and I approach Your throne on behalf of Daddy and Mother whom I also ask for deliverance. Give them strength, patience and endurance for this season. Amen.

1 comment:

Don said...

Indeed a week filled with emotions too wild for description. All I can say is Praise to Almighty God from whom all blessings flow