Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Seeds of Thought

“We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:5

Boy, is this Bible Study for me! I went back to bed because of a migraine and felt convicted to get up, do my Bible Study and post the morning devotion. Because of the subject I know why this was so important.

A few months ago something happened with a person that has left me feeling a “righteous anger” against them. This is something they did not do to me but to someone for whom I love deeply. Anger is anger and we have no right to hold on to things according to God. I am to be with this person for the evening soon and have already found myself “rehearsing things that may be said”. You know what I am talking about! God has made it real clear to me that while I do not hold any responsibility in this individual's actions I do hold a responsibility to Him against any words spoken on this issue. He has been telling me for two months to “stand down” and be silent on this issue regardless of what transpires. So here I sit…with a migraine…trying to “destroy speculations and every lofty thing” to which I have given authority. I know that the only way to be obedient is to take captive every thought on this matter and release it to God.

To take something captive is to remove it from your sight and take away its freedom. I will reread this verse throughout the week repeatedly so when these thoughts try to escape they will not experience freedom.

It is harvest time for Satan when we plant seeds of anger, entitlement and rights to our emotions. Let’s allow God to sow the gardens of our minds – not Satan.

No comments: