Wednesday, July 1, 2009

At That Time...

“…do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.” Luke 12:11

Nothing like airing my dirty laundry, but the importance of how Christ leads us through problems supersede my pride!

I wrote yesterday of an upcoming engagement that will possibly place me in the middle of a confrontation. Yesterday, God laid on my heart the importance of taking my negative thoughts captive and renewing my mind to focus on the higher things of Christ. I wrote down the verse from yesterday and every thought that is not aligned with Phil 4:8 (“whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and whatever is admirable”) is replaced with that verse. Through this process He is renewing my mind and redirecting my thoughts.

This morning my study is on the confidence I can have in the Holy Spirit. I don’t have to think ahead and rehearse what should or would be said but just know that at the appointed time I will be led and taught by the Holy Spirit. It is this confidence that teaches us to lean on Him through our circumstances. We would never go to a doctor in whom we didn’t have confidence. We take our sickness and pain to someone in the medical field in whom our confidence has been built through past circumstances.

In order for Christ to determine our sickness and prescribe our medication for healing, we must pay attention to our spiritual bodies so we may be aware when we are getting sick, admit we need a prescription and approach the Physician for the cure with confidence.

The phrase that stands out in my mind in today’s verse is “at that time”. If we have the complete confidence in the teachings and guidance of the Holy Spirit, we will not need to fret upon any future situations. Through acknowledging the need for guidance it makes us in a constant state of awareness and consciousness for the Holy Spirit to do the work.

I will allow the work of the Holy Spirit to speak for me – No doubt, He will do a much better job!

No comments: