Saturday, July 18, 2009

Expectations

“Was it not You who dried up the sea. The waters of the great deep; Who made the depths of the sea a pathway for the redeemed to cross over?” Isaiah 51:10

The A, B, C’s of faith are far from the simplicity of the alphabet. My Bible Study posed a question this morning that created uneasiness in my soul because I knew I had been busted. The question was “Do you expect that God can do a miracle in your circumstances?” I found myself saying “I believe” but that was not the question. I know from where this inner turmoil stems…I expected God to heal my sister. Passionate and consistent prayers were lifted and great faith in an earthly healing was displayed. Now that I face this quandary with my dad’s decline I don’t carry that battle flag as high as I did in my previous situation. I certainly know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He has the ability and power to completely heal my dad on earth but the dividing line is do I expect that He will.

I know that above all petitions to God I pray for His will and not my own. I temporarily interrupted my Bible Study and said “God, we need to talk about this.” Through an exchange of spirits I was gently reminded of a portion of the speech I gave at Beth’s funeral as God was carrying me that day and I felt speaking through me. How soon I forgot the very core of that message. Allow me to share that portion with you.

“Miracles were performed every day throughout this journey – some miracles do not have a face but we will know them one day when we all get to our Father’s house. For me, my miracle was how God fed the thousands – the thousands of eyes who read the Caringbridge, the thousands of tears shed, the thousands of fears realized, and the thousands of memories made. Though our hearts may be battered and bruised, because of God’s miracle of comfort we are not broken. I pray that this experience with teach you that though we may not get the miracle as we define it, miracles are still being performed all around us by the Miracle Maker – our Lord and Savior. May God keep you and bless you and may you find your miracle in every situation.”

So…yes, I expect and know that God will perform miracles in my dad’s experience. I march through this journey holding both the flag and my head up high anticipating the miracles that will belong to us.

No comments: