Monday, August 24, 2009

Who Is Your Ruler?

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” John 14:27

Peace is the most sought after emotion and one of the most difficult to attain by the world’s standards. The world would have you base your peace upon your circumstances but the Bible teaches that peace comes from allowing God to rule in your heart regardless of the circumstances. (Colossians 3:15)

When my precious sister died my Dad had asked me to say a few words at the ceremony thanking certain individuals for their love and care of Beth during her difficult journey. I knew that humanly speaking this would be a feat that could not be accomplished on my own, but I remember having confidence in what God would do during the ceremony if I would just trust Him. Confidence in God is what gets me through many situations and builds stronger trust in Him with each successful exercise in trust.

Emerging Life Ministries is God’s brain child and I know that with each step of development, as He reveals, will lead me into a victorious ministry as He works in the hearts of those who experience ELM. I know that the success is in allowing the development of ELM on His timeframe and His agenda. I have total peace as long as I allow Christ to rule in my heart regarding this ministry. I do not have to know where He is taking me as long as I have the peace in the One who is leading me.

This morning my Bible Study stated, “We can’t depend on what our circumstances say to determine what God is doing. When peace rules in our hearts we can confidently move forward regardless of what external circumstances look or feel like and regardless of what others say.” Priscilla Shirer, Discerning the Voice of God, p. 75.

Allow the peace of Christ to rule in your heart regardless of your circumstances so others may witness your Ruler.

No comments: