Monday, April 26, 2010

For Even When I...

“We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure…Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us…” 2 Co. 1:8-10

Yesterday was not a pretty sight regarding my heart and attitude. We are heading into our third month of caregiving for my father-in-law who suffers with Alzheimer’s. Suffice it to say that yesterday I was ‘far beyond my ability to endure and in my heart I felt the sentence of death.’ I must be honest and report that over the past week I hadn’t given my best to God in the early mornings as previously. I had begun to rely on myself through the daily routine in caregiving that God set up a few months ago making a tough situation easier. I believe that God allowed me to experience the frustrations, helplessness and resentment yesterday that He has been holding back from me. I was reminded yesterday that I am enduring because of what He is supplying.

As I sat on the front porch crying and venting (so glad I live in the middle of the woods without neighbors) I could actually feel my depleted strength draining out allowing room for the strength of Christ to flow in. I was reminded of the difference of being in dire need and receiving all I need. “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I can do everything through him who gives me strength…For even when I…you sent me aid again and again when I was in need…I am amply supplied, now that I have received…” Phil 4:12-19

For even when I

All of us can fill in the blank with any situation and can be assured through the promise of Christ that we can do all things through Him. He will come to our aid again and again and supply us with the perfect recipe for victory. We will receive…

No comments: