Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Run In Such a Way...

“Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible…To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do this for the sake of the gospel…Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training…but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.” 1 Cor. 9:19, 22-25

Paul suffered many trials, beatings and persecution living his life for Christ. He knew the importance of using every experience as an example of sold out living to advance the gospel and the Kingdom of God.

A few weeks ago my daughter and son-in-law miscarried later in her pregnancy. While trying to comfort her she looked at me with tear filled eyes and told me that she didn’t mind using her previous life of addition and substance abuse to testify and witness for God but she didn’t want this present testimony. She felt it was too painful, too sacred and too personal. She, of course, has already turned her tragedy into a testimony as God is already healing her heart. She said she knew intellectually this was God’s will but she was beginning to feel it spiritually in heart.

We will be called through circumstances that God orchestrates to become weak and experience the pain so that we can minister to others in pain. We can never have a legitimate ministry without being slaves to our testimonies whatever they may be. We must run the race of bringing all to Christ and the family of Christ. We must train and be trained through our circumstances and flex our spiritual muscle as an example to bring others through their circumstances. We all will run the race of life but only some will run towards the goal leading others.

Run in such a way for sure…

No comments: