Thursday, June 10, 2010

Savior Again

“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.” Revelation 19:11

This verse has never been brought to life as it was yesterday morning. As I wrote in my last blog, I was a defeated foe in my personal battle of my circumstances. Emotionally, I lay on the ground suffering wounds, battered and bruised. I felt emotional death and my faith had temporarily lost its pulse. I was crying out Psalm 42, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Where can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night…” I was getting ready to declare defeat when out of nowhere I felt the pulse of God showing life where I thought death had consumed me.

God opened up His marvelous storehouse of resurrection and restoration. He rode in on a remarkable sweep of solutions that would breathe life in my situation and restore my faith. He was not only faithful in resolution but true in spirit. He removed all bitterness and anger that accompanied my battle – ‘The rider whose name is Faithful and True.’

He knows when our faith is not enough and requires His faith to encircle ours. He knows when we have lost hope for a hero and cannot bear one more thing in our own strength. He can sense the raising of our white flags when we can no longer see through the mire of our circumstances. And now all I can do is praise Him through the words of David:

“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.” Psalm 40:2

I must say that my new song is one for which I can be proud. Praising Him instead of singing the blues is such a sweeter sound.

No comments: