Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Search and Rescue

“…and recovery of sight for the blind.” Luke 4:18

I know that I just used this verse the day before yesterday but I am need of recovery of sight for the blind. I need God to remind me of all of the blessings I have since I am only feeling the negative in my life right now. We have to put our true feelings out there if we are in hopes of restoration and recovery.

I am on a major search and rescue project this morning as I remind myself of everything for which I have that others may not. I am searching for peace and a return to my former life along with sight of how blessed I am. Over the past few days I have been blinded to all that God has done for me and continues to do. It is times like this that Satan comes in for the kill. He sees that we are hungry for something different, angry at our circumstances, lonely in our emotions and tired in our physical bodies. Charles Stanley calls this H.A.L.T.(hungry, angry, lonely, tired)

Situations creating these emotions are when we are most vulnerable to Satan and his tactics. H.A.L.T. is the time when we must get on bended knees, totally surrender our situation and allow God to rescue us from ourselves. Through our surrender He will place a band of protection around us as we walk through the fire. I told God that I was desperate for His word today and to please show me something, anything! I decided to read the morning blog from two days ago.

My blogs are never planned ahead as I post at the end of my time of morning study and prayer. I know these are inspired by God and I usually have trouble remembering the subject for which I wrote that very morning. I assume the reason is because I didn’t come up with these writings but am simply transcribing thoughts and words through the inspiration and leadings of the Holy Spirit.

I asked myself this morning, ‘Why is it that in remembering all the good I possess, the bad seems so all-consuming?’ Then I read my answer in the morning blog from two days ago. “Satan does an extremely convincing job blinding us during our fiery trials, enveloping us with the smoke of loneliness and helplessness. He veils what is good in our lives and highlights the bad. The above phrase ‘recovery of sight for the blind’ indicates that sight was once there but had been removed. When walking through our fires we must believe that anything that was removed will be restored and recovered through the grace of God. He will always take the remnants of our fires and rebuild with the elements that support His purpose for our lives.”


As I H.A.L.T. this morning, I will praise my Savior that He is in charge of my search and rescue mission. Thank you Father to supplying everything I need when my supplies run out.

No comments: