Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seek First Him...

“Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:33-34

I am getting to ready to go with God on the ride of my life – I can just feel it in my spirit! I am beginning a new Bible Study called Experiencing God – Knowing and Doing the Will of God. I am always so excited to crack open a new Bible Study and start marking it all up.

Abram (renamed Abraham at a later date) was told by God to go and leave the comforts of his home. God spelled out all of the blessings Abram’s obedience would bring but didn’t give him any details regarding the destination. Abram had to put one foot in front of the other in faith without the knowledge of where his feet were taking him. But he knew that God was the map and he joined God on His path – not on his own path. Obedient to God, Abram grabbed his nephew, Lot and his wife, Sarai and hit the dirt road. ‘Leave your country…and go to the land I will show you.’ Gen. 12:1. God didn’t say, ‘Hang out here until I give you the map.’ He instructed Abram to leave everything behind, seek Him and everything would be given to him. Abram didn’t question God because Abram was living his day in God’s Kingdom, not requiring God to answer for His actions in Abram’s kingdom.

God never intended on us to live a life of fear for tomorrow. He did not intend for us to be immobilized with worry about the future but instructs us to live in the power of today. ‘For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.’ 2 Tim. 1:7

So I ask God this morning, ‘What would you have me do today in Your Kingdom?’ instead of asking God to accomplish my desires in my own kingdom.

No comments: