Friday, May 19, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True” Revelation 19:11.

A few weeks ago, Bruce and I attended a church in Charleston. They were giving an update on their capital campaign which was near the end. They reported that their necessary goal to break ground was $700,000. The previous Sunday was the day that people would contribute the amount that was on their hearts. The preacher said that at the end of the day when all the monies were counted they had only collected $180,000. Can you even imagine how defeating that must have felt for the leadership of this church? They had worked so hard and believed so big but the funds seemed to fall way short of the goal. Then something beautiful happened…God happened. He said that over the next 3 days, checks, texts, emails and online contributions began streaming in. By the end of Wednesday, they had collected in total $680,000! I have no doubt that the other $20,000 was collected shortly after.

On the way home Bruce was sharing how encouraging that story was in his own life. Bruce and I both have been waiting on God to come through big in different areas of our lives. We have tried to be patient and trusting…watchful but not demanding…prayerful but not willful. He turned to me and said, ‘You know, that story tells me that if God hasn’t moved or revealed His plan it’s only the beginning of the week.’ I was wildly blessed by that and assured him those words will preach in my blog! Our Wednesday is coming and God is preparing for that beautiful revelation. As we walk out Monday and Tuesday we will walk in faith, hope, and expectancy that God is who He says and He will do what He promises.

You might be walking out your Sunday…discouraged…lacking something…fearful. You might be sitting right on top of Monday or Tuesday where hope has returned and waiting is your offering. But let me assure you, your Wednesday is coming so hold on! Your Wednesday will catch you off guard because God loves to surprise His children. When we trust big, we will be astonished and amazed by the Wednesday He ushers in.

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33.

No comments: