Friday, April 5, 2019

Renderings

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14

When I was a little girl, I always loved putting leaves under a piece of paper. By using a crayon or colored pencil I could duplicate its impression on the paper. It didn’t matter what leaf or color I used, my picture would always be a little different because each leaf was different. There was an art as to how much pressure I could apply before I tore a hole in the paper.

I was considering this same principle as I was thinking about my life and the different opportunities offered to leave an impression on my legacy. Times in the past I placed things under the paper that reflected less than beautiful choices. There were seasons when life was so difficult that it didn’t matter how beautiful I was trying to color, holes would appear ruining the picture. This life certainly offers its hand to rub against our lives as we make choices. What we place in our hearts will be the template for the picture that will emerge when the pressure is applied. When we place Christ at the center of our hearts and allow Him to apply the perfect amount of pressure, our lives will reveal the beautiful picture for which He designed. He will be both impression and impressionist as we walk through every experience. Our images will reflect the things upon which God has placed His hand and become a testimony for others.

We are all uniquely and perfectly created to reflect our own beauty as God develops us into a masterpiece. He knew us before anyone else and He loves us more deeply than any person on earth. When He becomes our life, we become hidden in Him allowing God to reveal our beauty and purpose. I only have to witness the beauty of the sunrises and sunsets to trust the work of the Artist. Many times, some of the most beautiful pictures require the most intentional pressure. Trust in God, trust in the seasons and the renderings of our lives will reflect His beautiful image.

"For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God." Col 3:3

No comments: