Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Perfect Day



"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" Luke 1:45

I believe it was about 2 years ago when I began feeling some discontent with going back and forth between Folly Beach and Charlotte. Eight years ago, God blessed us with a townhome, and it has been such a precious time with our family and friends.  Our grandchildren have grown up before our very eyes crabbing…playing in the pool for countless hours.  We have spent time on 7 family vacations there building amazing memories.  We have had extended family and wonderful friends down and the memories go on and on.  It wasn’t until this past January that we felt the blessing was coming to a close, and that it was time to reinvest in Charlotte full time.  We put our townhome on the market in February and began praying for the buyers.  At the same time, we watched our youngest daughter who had experienced a broken heart from a previous boyfriend, begin a new relationship with a wonderful guy and work towards building a life together.  Many of my prayers consisted of both these matters, and that the Lord would answer both of my specific prayers.  Days felt like months and months felt like years.  Then, in a matter of a day, both prayers were answered!  A few weeks ago, our townhome was sold and on the same day our daughter got engaged.

Monday, as I was walking, I had to pull up our security camera to ensure the buyers had gotten into our townhome since we had not closed yet.  They wanted to show their new home to extended family who was in town for Easter.  Seeing them in our home with their extended family excitedly running around was more than my heart could handle.  I sat down on the bench and began to cry, not sad to be leaving but emotional about the memories.  As tears streamed down my face it was as if the Lord came and sat down on the bench with me.  What He revealed was that He could have given us either answered prayer on any day.  But He waited until the same day to answer the prayers to comfort me saying, ‘I know letting go of this will be hard, so I am giving you another answered prayer to grab on to.’  I began crying even harder as I considered just how kind and loving God is, and how He cares about the details of our lives.  So, as we close the door of our townhome for the final time on May 8th, we will open the door to something exciting and celebratory in Charlotte.  We are so excited to be coming back full time to our family, friends and church.

I’m sure all of you have unanswered prayers that seem like forever in their fulfillment.  For the woman who is waiting on love…for the man who is waiting on employment…for the couple who is trying to save their marriage…don’t lose heart.  God is working and orchestrating the tiniest of details so that the prayers you find yourself lifting to a great God will be ushered in the perfect way and on the perfect day.  God has breathed His heart and mind onto the pages of the Bible which is full of promises.  When the wait gets long and the heart begins to doubt read His promises, review His faithfulness and trust His process.

No comments: