Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A Single Coal

Single coals do not hold fire but gathered together there is glow.” BibleHub website, Biblical Illustrator.

Yesterday morning as I was walking, I was approaching the place I always stop and briefly rest after my first 3 miles. It is my Holy of Holies where I go ‘behind the curtain’ to fellowship with God and worship to my music. It is where I continue my prayers and have most deeply experienced God. It is my routine that I began 8 years ago when we first purchased our townhome. Don’t get me wrong, there were many days that I didn’t experience God but that doesn’t mean He wasn’t there. Just as the sun remains in the sky hidden behind the clouds His presence never leaves us. I’m sure there is a special place you go to worship and experience God…you own Holy of Holies behind the curtain.

I want you to know that the bench overlooking the ocean is where I have fervently prayed for those of you who have asked or even who haven’t asked if I knew your situation. I’ve prayed for marriages…prodigals…illnesses…addiction... grieving hearts and many more needs. It has been an honor to pray at this place and I’m so humbled to know that as I sat there, your prayers have also covered me. Much like our quote above as I sat on that bench as a single coal you gathered around me through prayer, and because of your love and support I find a glow around me. I read a beautiful excerpt on our places of prayer. I hope it will bless you like it did me this morning.

The place of prayer is a place of power. Miracles are done in it. The word of truth is unfolded there; mysteries are explained; promises are fulfilled; deliverances are wrought. The place of prayer is a place of rest after toil, of comfort in perplexity and trouble. The gates to the mercy seat are many, and, like those to the golden city, stand open day and night, that every soul may enter in. It is a place for replenishing the daily losses of the heart, and enthroning God again at the seat of the soul.” BibleHub website, Biblical Illustrator.

I would love to know where your most precious place is where your heart intersects the heart of God.

No comments: