Saturday, April 4, 2009

Outstanding Debt

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

Last night I came downstairs when I started feeling what I call "fleeting grief". It is grief that crashes over me but quickly recedes back into the endless water. I am one of those who love facebook and wrote on the status line that I was missing my sister, whom just arrived in Heaven three weeks ago. I went back to bed and received a pretty good night's sleep. After my morning devotions this morning I pulled up my facebook only to find ten responses of loving, encouraging and praying people in Christ.

I was overwhelmed and humbled, but not surprised, to find that on a Friday night so many people took the time to love me, encourage me and pray for me. This is the continuing debt that the Bible speaks of. It is a debt that Christ will never finish paying. It is a debt that is continuously paid with change from the heart, mind and spirit. It is a God debt that will never be paid off thanks to the unending and unfailing love of Love Himself.

I pray that you are surrounded with these same debtors as you are their debtors in Christ.

No comments: