Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who's Calling Who?

"Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24.


In February, 2006, God placed on my heart the desire to go deeper in my intimate walk with Him. Through Bible Studies of Beth Moore and Charles Stanley, God began pulling me closer to Him. When God gently nudged me towards Him I felt my spiritual life growing. Little did I know the adversities which I would have to face later that year. In May, 2006 my father was diagnosed with cancer. In June, 2006 my father-in-law was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and we began the journey of life changes with him and his wife. Also in June, 2006 my daughter was diagnosed with a disease and would have to begin treatment.

When God originally placed on my heart His desire to draw me closer, I thought it was for Him. Now I understand it was to prepare and grow me towards total dependence on Him to guide me through the darkness. He didn’t “need” anything from me – He knew I would “need” from Him. He answered me before I even knew to call out. He wrote my life’s book and knew what the future chapters contained. “Your desire to pursue God comes from the fact that He has pursued you. It is our spirit answering back to God in His pursuit of us.” Beth Moore, A Woman’s Heart – God’s Dwelling Place – Introduction Video.

Since then I can look at those times back in 2006 and see that God was preparing me for this past year and everything it would bring. We will never find ourselves on a broken road without God first supplying us with the provisions required to walk that road. Each journey toughens our feet of faith allowing us to be more prepared for the next journey. When we have God tinted glasses, we are able to see more clearly the way He is building, growing and using our lives for the furthering of the Kingdom instead of seeing ourselves as a victim of circumstance.

No comments: