Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"It" Is Powerless....

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles.” 2 Chronicles 32:7-8.

King Hezekiah was assuring his men of the presence of God as the future held an impending attack from the king of Assyria. Hezekiah knew the importance of placing God at the center of his reign and believed with everything in his spiritual arsenal that God would protect, deliver and conquer any power against His chosen people.

This is one of my favorite verses in the entire Bible. It is my M.O. (Modus operandi, my method of operating) as I walk this life towards my heavenly home and claim my rightful citizenship and inheritance.

For me, cancer invaded with its vast army and threatened the very core of my secure kingdom. It still is a war that is raging taking hostage my dad in a day to day battle. We are the casualties of this war as it inflicts, attacks, weakens and wounds. It is an invisible army that marches to destroy, steal and kill the hope we have in Christ in our battle. Everyone is at war in some area of their lives but the victory will come at the feet of Christ. He marches ahead with order, perfection and promise.

I remember finding a book which I gave to Beth during her battle entitled, “What Cancer Cannot Do” and read different pages from the book to her. As I list a few of these, fill in “It” with your battle and know there is a greater power with us than with “it”.

“It cannot cripple God’s love.”
“It cannot shatter hope.”
“It cannot corrode faith.”
“It cannot shut out memories.”
“It cannot silence courage.”
“It cannot invade the soul.”
“It cannot steal eternal life.”
“It cannot conquer the spirit.”

No comments: