Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It Is Done!

“At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.” Daniel 4:34

Well I am sure that everyone reading this devotional today will be thrilled for me to drag off the dead horse for which I have been beating! Our verse today ends the documented life of our dear King Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible. He has been humbled by his circumstances as God has taken away everything from him as warned one year earlier. God prophesied that seven times (most likely seven years) would pass before the king would finally be humbled and ask for repentance for his sin. His sin was the same as mine – pride and self-righteousness.

I have repeatedly written about a 26 year relationship in my life that offered continual wounds. Throughout December I felt the LORD warning me that the only way I could move forward in ministry was to surrender once and for all the hurt and bitterness in this relationship apart from any rights I felt I had in holding on to the resentment. He asked me to lay it down and walk away. I knew in my heart at the beginning of January that I was treading on disobedient ground. 2009 was God’s limit of patience realized. I feel that His patience had been extinguished and I had better get on board if I wanted to move forward.

God knew that what began as a little bruise in my heart had grown into rotten fruit. He made it very clear late December that I could cut off that part or He would allow me to taste the poison of that fruit. I felt a Godly fear in my heart that God was moving on whether I chose to join Him or not. But, if I was to join Him there was no room for my pride, bitterness and resentment. There was not enough room on the throne for both of us!

He led me into this with my 2010 year verse. “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’ Then he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ He said to me: It is done.’” Rev. 21:4-6

This passage has been confirmed by the Holy Spirit over and over since this revelation. God was essentially saying to me at the beginning of January ‘Brenda, I am taking this ministry forward with or without you. You can move with Me in the new or you can stay stuck in the old. Either way I am moving on!’

Praise God that no matter what our ‘old’ reeks of or the power for which it holds that God is making all things new and the old order of things can pass away if we choose to let them die. We all possess a sinful nature so I knew the importance of constant visual reminders of the fresh 2010 Word I received from God. I put 'All things new...It is Done!' as the banner on my cell phone. That fresh Word comes to me all day long everytime I look at my phone.

So, I lift my eyes to Heaven and my sanity was restored!

No comments: