Monday, February 15, 2010

Calming Down

“Therefore be clear minded and self controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply…Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms…If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:7-11.

Part of the reason I am led to post morning devotionals is to show how the Word of God speaks to us in all situations. I love receiving the fresh revelations and resolutions from the Problem Solver. Most of the time, He doesn’t remove the challenge but settles in for the remainder of the challenge.

Bruce and I are in the process of following up on a decision for which we feel God is leading. It is a difficult decision in respect to all that it will bring but an easy decision to make from our heart and our obedience to God. I awoke this morning with a suffocating heaviness regarding all that will be required and couldn’t sleep. I came down for comfort in the way God always does and opened up my Bible. I was so unfocused and anxious that I was fearful that I wouldn’t even be able to focus on speaking with Him. I came upon this verse and was instantly blessed.

I felt God saying, ‘Calm down child and let’s talk about this. Let’s think this through clearly. I have given you this gift to use to serve as one of my graces. You have the strength as I will provide apart from your own. Everything you need to serve faithfully and joyfully will come from me – I will hold nothing back from you.’

How do people maneuver through life on their own strength, their own knowledge and their own understanding? I am not up for the job apart from God but through God can accomplish all things. “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Phil. 4:13

No comments: