Saturday, February 20, 2010

Though It Tarries...

“The vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal, and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.” Habakkuk 2:3

When I was going to the Hospice House to be with my sister near the end I remember sitting next to her asking God why she was still here. It was apparent that she was going to receive a spiritual healing instead of the earthly healing. Her life was on hold and she was lingering at the crossover. We could see her communicating with those who were invisible to us but she had a peace and happiness during this interaction. God’s response to me was a statement of faith that He asked me to repeat everyday I sat next to her. He laid on my heart to say to Him “Your timing is perfect – I trust in your plan.” So those last two weeks I would recite that statement of faith over and over again, many times aloud.

As we are coming up on one year I look back and can see the hand of God along with many purposes for that waiting period. God does not operate in a vacuum whether He delays a decision or moves on a decision for the effects are far reaching.

Many of us are situated in challenging circumstances desperately wanting movement on the part of God. We have a goal of resolution in mind and are anxiously waiting to hear God’s word on the matter. There is a divinely appointed time for everything in every season according to the will of God. It is up to us to trust in His timing, believe in His success and have resolve in His faithfulness.

Though it tarries….it will certainly come….

No comments: