Thursday, February 18, 2010

Storehouses

“The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.” Deuteronomy 28:11-13

As we prepare to bring Bruce’s dad to live with us this weekend I am faced with many decisions and needs that will be required of me. This verse is especially tender to me this morning as it states my ability to “go into the storehouse” to obtain what I need. There will be days when I will be looking for the aisle where patience is stored. There will be days when I seek out the shelf of perseverance to load up my basket. The bounty is there and we have been invited to take the provisions from the shelves.

There is no need to bring a means for payment for anything, for everything we have access to has already been paid and is available to all of God’s children. It doesn’t matter what season is approaching, He will send everything required in that season to equip us and power us to accomplish the purpose for which we have been chosen. “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Romans 9:17

If a situation has been raised up by God we will be allowed into His all sufficient storehouse to obtain the power required to accomplish His will.

No comments: