Saturday, May 29, 2010

'Amen'

“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ. And so through him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God.” 2 Co. 1:20

There is nothing better than our wonderful imaginations and there is nothing worse than our dreadful imaginations. The difference is in the brain food. I can get myself so bound up in the ‘what has happened, what is happening and what may happen’ that peace burns off like dew in the morning. We must feed our minds with the promises of God made absolute through Christ.

I find myself basing future circumstances on past behaviors of someone who will be a daily part of my life in the near future. This person is difficult and self-consumed at best requiring everything of me mentally, emotionally and physically. It is very easy to deduce that history will be repeated and energy will be wastefully depleted if I do not stay focused on God. I find myself this morning needing to replace history with God’s history of promise. Through the finished work of Christ all of the promises of God may be mine if I believe and trust in advance.

I love the way in which my commentary describes our ‘Yes’ in Christ. “Christ reaches down and faith stretches up, and every promise of God is fulfilled in Jesus Christ. In and through Him we appropriate and take them to ourselves and say, ‘Yes, Lord, I trust You.’ This is the believing ‘yes’. p. 1823. So based on this I am saying Yes, Lord and I will receive the promise of rest for the weary, strength for the weak, ALL things worked out for my good and victory for all of the battles.

Our ‘Amen’ in advance is our active and trusting proclamation to an active and faithful God.

No comments: