Monday, May 24, 2010

Blessed Is She Who Believed...

“You will be with child and give birth to a son…The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you…Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God…Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished…Mary stayed with Elizabeth for about three months and then returned home.” Luke 1:31-56

I was so blessed this morning by the freshness of this passage. God speaks to His children just as clearly as He did in generations past. The year was 2007 and I had been pursuing God through Bible Studies. I had developed some writings regarding these studies more for the enhancement of my own learning. I had come upon a lull in my writings and one morning was in prayer to God asking for direction. I had this very clear impression upon my heart that I was to finish my Grandmother’s book for which she had started twenty years prior. She was well advanced in years and her cognitive abilities were failing. She had 62 years of journaling which was the basis for her book. Many who knew her had concluded that the book would never be completed as she approached 100 years of age…but, as Luke states, ‘For nothing is impossible with God.’

When I was led by the Holy Spirit to give birth to this project I was so excited to see my grandmother. Only ‘one nap’ passed (that is how my grandson counts down days to something exciting) before I jumped in my car and headed towards her apartment to tell her the good news. She was so overwhelmed at the news but not surprised. She had written in her journal 10 years prior to this visit that God would send someone to edit, manage and have her book published. “Blessed is she who has believed…” Some said it wouldn’t get done, calling the project barren, but God knew that His perfect timing would give birth to this book in the most unusual way. Her book would be the forerunner to birthing a writing ministry in my own life. Over the next few months many visits were made to my grandmother with so many blessings shared over the dual births. For me, the birth was a writing ministry, but for her it was the fulfillment and birth of her long awaited and promised book.

Each of us has been chosen to accomplish spiritual things in season and we must be both surrendered and expectant in our pursuit of accomplishing God’s purposes in our lives.

“Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.”

No comments: