Friday, October 9, 2009

Court is in Session

“We will all stand before the judgment seat of God…each of us will give an account of himself to God.” (Rom.14:10, 12)

Going through a divorce is not fun for sure, especially when it is time to face the judge. I had hired an attorney who had worked through the process over the previous months to ensure that I had good representation. I remember how nervous I was to go before a person who didn’t know me, had never talked to me before and knew nothing about our circumstances. This man would have the final decision in what my financial life would be for me and my daughter by the representation of two attorneys, two more people who really knew nothing about us.

I am so ecstatic that we have a Judge who we will approach one day and be judged under the full extent of His knowledge of every aspect of our lives. We have Christ as our mediator who pleads our case to God every day with perfect knowledge of our heart, mind and actions. He never has too many clients and has already paid the bill for our continual use of His services, His representation and His perfect abilities.

By the same token, we must never play judge or jury when dealing with others for it places us in an attitude of pride. There is not one person on this earth who will not approach His throne one day and stand before the Ancient of Days to be judged for every deed – good or bad. “God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.” Eccl. 12:14

Sheepishly I admit that in the past I was more concerned with seeing people get their consequences for I have always lived my life with a sense of fairness. If I am required to live up to a certain standard of integrity it used to torque me when I would see others getting away with bad moral decisions. Most of us play judge as we look upon others and their circumstances placing them under our judgment when we really do not know them, their hearts or their circumstances like the judge in my divorce.

We don’t have to worry ourselves with the deeds of others – God’s courtroom is always in session and the Righteous Judge takes His seat, looks at the evidence, hears testimony through our prayers and passes righteous judgment on the behavior of every human being.

The best part is in His courtroom we all get Life!

No comments: