Friday, October 2, 2009

His Words - Alive and Well

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” Psalm 139:7 -10

Who says God’s word doesn’t speak to us? As I am reading over this passage this morning I am so aware of the truth and life in these words. I am sitting on the front porch overlooking the ocean but it is still dark and I can only see the glow of this computer screen. As I type I can hear God through the crashing of the waves, I can sense God through the breeze coming across me. Where is His Spirit? It is everywhere.

Our minds had to go to heaven last year as we focused on the home-going of Beth and God was there with His presence constantly comforting, encouraging, and promising certain things. When I created a situation years ago through secret spending God was there to help my husband forgive me, encourage me and heal our marriage. I had made my bed in the depths through lies, fear and deceit but God was there to deliver me. As I rise on the beautiful wings of dawn each morning God reveals things to me through our precious time together. If I settle on the far side of the sea in my loneliness and sadness in thinking of the situation with my dad God sends His comfort and assurances that the same grace for which He has been carrying me this past year is afforded in all situations.

There is nowhere that we can go or nothing that we can experience that will place us in an attitude or place apart from God once we are in His family. He is everywhere and everything.

As the horizon begins to take shape and color I will soon see what I have been hearing and sensing this morning. His presence is about to have the beautiful face of a sunrise.

Let the show begin!

No comments: