Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Canvas of Glory

And now, finally, GOD answered… from the eye of a violent storm.’ ‘Do you know where Light comes from and where darkness lives, so you can take them by the hand and lead them home when they get lost? You don’t for a minute imagine these marvels of weather just happen, do you? Can you get the attention of the clouds, and commission a shower of rain? Can you take charge and have them report to you for orders?’” Job 38:1, 19-21, 30, 34-35, (The Message)

Last night in bed I was laying there praying for some of my friends who are going through very difficult times. It’s all I can do…it’s all any of us can do. When I started ticking off the multi-faceted challenges of some families I know I became overwhelmed with their suffering and suffering in this world. Suffering brings about such chaos…such disorientation…such hopelessness…such helplessness. So, how precious was the Creator to fill His pitcher from Heaven and pour it down from the skies last night. Picture after picture was on Facebook showing the magnificent catching place of God’s golden glory...our lives. As I lay there, I remembered one of the many sunsets I photographed at Folly Beach last month. God brought to mind a cross in the clouds from Sunday morning that looked like a puzzle in the making…scattered white pieces just waiting for the hand of God to place them in the cross. I slept so well last night, and I awakened to this beautiful collage in my mind. I couldn’t wait to write this devotional to bring hope and healing to someone’s heart this morning. I know that seeing that gorgeous sky last night blessed many. For me it was a reminder that we have more promises than just the rainbow. As beautiful as rainbows are, it takes a storm to see a rainbow. There is so much beauty to be gleaned from creation in the calm times and the stormy times. If only we will take our eyes off our storm and fix our gaze on the supremacy of God.

I know that some of you are in the eye of a violent storm right now, begging God to take your darkness by the hand and lead it away. I know you feel that the light got lost somewhere along the way and you are praying that it will soon be found. If God can command the clouds He can command and arrange the details of your life and lift hope in your heart. If He takes darkness by the hand and leads it away, He can take your hand and guide you through your darkness. Don’t imagine for a minute that God has a perfect placement for each cloud but doesn’t have a perfect plan for you and for me. Through our storms God wants us to get new perspective of His glory. Just as each day brings about different sunrises and sunsets, each season of pain brings about new wisdom and purpose. Taking time to enjoy creation is the path towards order in the chaos and fellowship with the Creator.

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and stars which You have ordained. What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?" Psalm 8:3-4. (NKJV)

No comments: