Friday, March 15, 2019

Reflecting His Image

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.” 2 Co 3:18

One of my absolute pleasures when I am at Folly is sitting on my screen porch watching the activity on the river. Many times, there will be paddleboarders, speedboats zipping by and families crabbing off the dock. On some occasions, boats will sit idle for a long time, never moving and anchored deep in the river. But my favorite view of the river is when there is no movement in the current and the surface is still and looks like glass. The mirrored reflection of the vessel shows the stillness of the current.

I began remembering times when circumstances in my life were chaotic and turbulent. These times were times when I tried to handle things apart from Jesus. The undercurrents just about swept me away and the rippled effects of my poor decisions created other issues for my marriage and my life. When I see this picture, it reminds me of how grateful I am that God didn’t leave me in my futile attempts and turbulent living. Life has continued to roar on with its joyful celebrations, its frustrating challenges, its failure to deliver, amazing blessings and its flare for excitement. So how do we navigate through all the emotions and circumstances that come our way? We don’t… we stop…we pray …we believe…we remember those four powerful words for reflecting a better way…BE STILL and KNOW! (Psalm 46:10) Be still and know that this tough season will end. Be still and know that God will carry you through your grief. Be still and know that no matter what God has a good and perfect plan for your life. Be still and know that you will be healed on earth or heaven. Be still and know you will embrace your departed loved ones again someday. Be still and know...He is God.
When we settle our heart and focus our mind on God daily, the surface of our lives is in symphony with the condition of our heart creating a peaceful and glorious reflection of God’s fullness. We can anchor beneath Him because He is the anchor for all things and in all seasons. It will not matter what the current of life brings our way for our hope in is God who equips us for all situations and shows us His image through our close communion with Him.

I want to be a reflection of Christ’s beautiful life no matter what is going on under the surface. I want my image to appear close to His, but I have a long way to go. I know that as I am anchored to God I am anchored good and perfect things and to victory. May we all reflect the beauty and glory of God which comes from the Spirit.

No comments: