Monday, March 11, 2019

Talking to Mountains

“‘But what should I say, if they ask me your name?’ ‘Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you.’" Exodus 3:13

I woke up this morning with such a spirit of heaviness for not just a few of my friends, but many. It seems that sickness, fear and grief have highjacked my prayers. So many friends are facing tough walks right now and I am overwhelmed by their circumstances. I’m only a listener while they are sojourners making their pilgrimage through the rough terrain. They find themselves pressed up against the biggest mountain yet…the mountain of grief…the mountain of fear…the mountain of illness. And yet, only as a listener and encourager this morning I find myself in need of a reminder that like Moses I must remember that whatever mountain is up ahead God has sent us equipped with His power and promised us of His presence. God’s answer was swift and sure… I Am has sent me to...’

Everyone has a blank on the other side of that statement, but the introduction is the same for us all as believers. Whatever the mountain is we have the authority to stand at the base and proclaim to that mountain that God…the great I Am…is greater than the height, depth and circumference of its enormity. We remind our hearts that no sin, stain or shame can remain when the cleansing touch of the great I Am is applied to it. God has existed since before time and is always in all things with the motivation of love for each of us.

So, whatever mountain has blocked your path, you tell it who sent you and tell it with confidence. The great I Am has sent you with power…the great I Am has sent you with wisdom…the great I Am has sent you with strength. For the lonely person God is with you…for the worried parent God is with your children…for the person waiting for the miracle God is working it all out. For the brokenhearted who had to say goodbye for now to their loved one God is saying hello to them face to face and giving them everything!

I pray that this reminder will hold my heart strong and your heart strong as we not only experience our own mountain but walk along side others as they face their mountains. If you also need a reminder this morning you will be blessed by this song.


Greater than the mountain that’s in front of me…You are greater…so much greater…Greater than the power of the enemy…You are greater…so much greater…No fear no grave… no other name…is greater than…the great I Am…” Greater Than, Gateway Worship

No comments: